How we work
Thirty8 Digital is a small, two-person consultancy working sometimes on our own and sometimes with a great bunch of freelancers, bringing additional skills on-board as and when we need to. These include designers, developers, film-makers, animators, voice-over artists and photographers
This makes us extremely flexible in our approach. We’re also honest enough to tell you when we think you need to go and talk to someone else instead – if we can’t do the work for you ourselves then we’ll try and put you in touch with someone who can help.
We start off most projects trying to find out as much as possible about you and the outcomes you’re looking for. Sometimes this is a series of phone calls, sometimes a face-to-face workshop where we bring everybody into a room and facilitate a get-together to thrash things out.
Once everyone is clear about what we’re doing, why we’re doing it and when it needs to be done by, we’ll put together a more formal shape to the project.
We try to avoid, by the way, things like:
- Horribly long project meetings, boards, committees..
- Prince 2
- Gantt charts
- Long and extremely complicated specifications
We prefer things like:
- Working in an agile, human way with small, enthusiastic teams
- Google Docs, Dropbox, Trello for project collaboration
- A simple calendar for deadlines
- Lightweight documentation which stands a chance of being read..